April 27, 2008

Taser Guns & Tarot Cards

I need some optimism here, my blog is looking a bit bleak, so I will write about last night. The PV Squadron played a neat little pub called The Railway Tavern, not too central to town as to get the usual host of crackpots and drunks, but not far out enough as to not get an audience at all.

We had a whole host of tech problems surrounding my bass amp last night, quite plausibly a dry joint around the DI - there was that horrible underwateryhissy sound and quite a bit of swearing. Amps really aren't built to last anymore.

Anyway, halfway through a relatively frustrating gig when we usually have our break, I went and sat with Ozzy and Pip, when a fellow pub-goer came over to us randomly and asked if we believed in tarot. Both I and my friends nodded and she asked if she could test her new cards out on us. We agreed and so were led outside to a table and a couple of chairs.

My past card was Kwan Yin, which refers to recent sacrifices, my present card Pele refers to certain creative events, while the one I was most interested in was my future card. This turned out to be Rhiannon, the card that points to ideas and aan ongoing project that wants to take off. This matched up exactly with what has been showing up when I have had my tarot done in the past 6 months. Ever since about, October, maybe longer, the future card points to an idea or project that is still formulating but will be successful. I think I know what that is, let's hope it works.

On another note, I am losing sleep because of a stalker... Does anyone have a taser? He is harmless as far as I can tell, but I could do without it.

No comments: