April 20, 2008

The Fragile

It was a random day, waking up at stupid o clock because of noise on the A303 is a pain, but once I'm awake, I'm awake. Two hours later, about six, I got a text, much to my surprise.

It turned out to be a day of plans, much discussion, county-hopping and real randomities.

I met with Kitty at 12 at the Mills and within an hour, on a spur-of-the-moment dig, we were high-tailing it across the border to Wiltshire/Viltosheeristan to pick up an ally going by the name of Emzebah of Wintahsloca, a noble rogue living in the back of the middle of the front of nowhere(there was much concern as to cultural differences, "Do they speak English in Wiltshire?" "Dunno, but I haven't got my passport" and so forth). Stopped at Wintahsloca, and hit the road again, three rebels without a cause/clue, whichever one prefers.

Got to a pub in the strange land of Viltosheeristan, in a place called Armpitton, where we fuelled up on the local commodities and trinkets, much discussion about men, music and other random things, all the while scaring the locals (thanks to Emzebah of Wintahsloca for translating :-D ).

After offending many Viltosheerstanis we made a swift exit, kidnapping Emzebah as a guide to get us out of the strange land, dropping her off at the border at Wintahsloca, before fleeing the native llamas and arriving at an outpost/freehouse on the 'Ampshire border, and planning a very exciting side project as a distraction for the trauma experienced in Viltosheeristan. Once fuelled on coffee, it was back to the mills for a jukebox root before we decided to call it a (very random) day.

So, yes. I have optimism in the form of a nifty little side-project of two bored bassplayers. It's been discussed and kicked about before, but I think it could work. Lots of hope and sparkly things here.

Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile - "I won't let you fall apart."

No comments: