March 20, 2008

Sirens + Wavelengths

Something of a long day. I don't know how I can clarify quite how I'm feeling. It's a mess, I'm worried and quite tired, and it's laced with a heavy anger.

- I am tired of a certain insensitive bastard who claims to have "Multiple Personality Disorder" only to have such a vast diagnosis, "reassessed" the next day and to be free of it, while pleading with me not to mention it to his parents that he is on some medication, though unable to tell me what the medication is called, what the brand is or how many mg he is on. I am tired of him criticising me and showing off like an 8 year old and also think he needs to wake up and realise that people don't like hearing about him, or how desperate he is to get laid and when he finally does, he says it "upsets" him, for the attention.

- I am waiting to hear from someone who I think the absolute world of, the only person on this planet that I trust and am on the same wavelength with. It's your choice. I am always around and always on your side and some days, there's nothing I wouldn't give to carry it for you. I wish you could see yourself how we see you, an absolute star, who I, and a lot of people need around, because there are not enough good people on this lonely planet.

- Every night I work the DIY store, it's so mind-numbingly boring that I must lose at least 10 IQ points. I lift heavy shit and open cardboard boxes with a plastic safety knife, I deal with smelly old people looking for gardening things and equally smelly fortysomething year old men in the trades. £4.40 an hour.

- I am living on excuses. I'm missing something important. Some kind of focus.

Every passing second seems to rip another little bit of me away, right from the heavydeadweight in my chest - apparently this is normal.
Dag Hammarskjold - "Pray that your loneliness may spur you into finding something to live for, great enough to die for."
Joy Division - In A Lonely Place - "Body that curls in and dies, and shares that awful daylight, warm like a dog round your feet, how I wish you were here with me now."

No comments: