March 30, 2008

A Request To The Male Half Of The Species

  • Chivalry is lovely, but please don't make us feel invalid and incapable.
  • Telling tragic stories about your ex doesn't really work as far as romanticising goes, nor will it get much sympathy.
  • Texting/phoning at 2am while in a drunken stupor to declare your undying love is not cool. I like sleep.
  • Pretending to have a really quite serious disorder and creating an elaborate scenario around it takes the piss.
  • Continually putting a stream of kisses at the end of texts is also not cool, especially when you don't get any back in the reply and you persist in doing so.
  • Texting/MSNing/other messaging every day to ask when I'll go down the pub with you or out is also a pain, borderline harassment.
  • Getting involved in situations that you have no clue as to what's going on at all in an attempt to be all manly is also pretty sucky. I am not incapable as to deal with my own problems and could really do without you weighing in at the 11th hour believing you fully comprehend the situation.
  • Texting to declare me a "fucking whore" is also not really the best way to go about winning me over. This is also an impossible statement ;-)
  • Asking if I'm gay and then revealing that you and your metalhead buddies had bets on me being so all of last year is, well, unique to know, but doesn't score anything when you ask me out after laughing about this.
  • Using your friends to guilt-trip me is also no way to go.
  • Asking why I won't go out with you after all of this endless pestering and childishness is another few points in the minus degrees.

The request? Those two lovely words, one being "off". You men are a wee bit clueless sometimes.
Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence - "Words like violence, break the silence and come crashing in, into my little world."

No comments: