February 16, 2008

One disposessed voice

Well... not a lot here, I guess. I feel like writing though, without a reason.

I signed 12 weeks of my life away earlier this week, a contract with Homebase... the hourly rate is 4p less than Focus but the people I work with are ok.

The little jam session with my drummer, Tony and his son Dan was good, albeit one slight problem. The other guitarist turned out to be a grade A snob, one of the Rock School/Guitar School stock who get taught a tiny bit of technique or theory and think that this holds them superior above their fellow musicians, certainly bassists and drummers.

Also, music-wise, Pretty Vacant are just sorting the details around a support slot with a really old, but really well-known band that is fairly exciting stuff.

I have a photo of me and two friends that I found again today...

It made me smile - I think this was Christmas '06 - and it was a happy time. I said goodbye to them a little while ago, but the impact they had on who I am is unimaginable. I first met them when I was about 12/13, and my god, I must've driven them up the wall at times. A couple of years passed. They kept me grounded and I love them to bits.

I don't see them around anymore, as a result of my own choices and the need to change. I woke up one day and found that I had no idea who I was anymore and had to leave the same stale routine. I find myself in the present day, feeling more alone than I think I've ever felt. And that's all I can think of to say.

I'm sat around hoping the only person I trust at all on this planet reads this, because they're proving pretty hard to reach. You'll know who you are when you read this because you know exactly what I'm on about. Confidante.
Orgy - Dissention - "They turn your confidence against you now... let live, let go."

No comments: